Been away for a while now. Anywayz, I would love to wish you all a very happy new year. 🙂
So, I just released the first version, (v0.1) of my python software, the Expense-Manager.
I started working on this from October 2012,had some technical problems, due to which I had to stop my work for about a month and a half.
Anywayz, coming straight to the point, Expense-Manager is a python application, which is meant to manage your expenses, almost the same way as you maintain your expense diary but with more statistical support. It helps you to view and understand your expenses with much more precision.
Here are some of the features that I implemented :
1. The program starts, showing you a monthly overview of your expense (the current month), categorised in 5 different categories(Entertainment, Food, Others, Mobile, Transport). And the last column contains the total expense for the selected date.
2. Double click on a date, and a window pops up to show you all the expenses for that date.
3. You can obviously add your expenses by clicking the ‘Add’ button.
A new window pops up, where you need to select the date from a calendar, enter the details and click the ‘Add’ button. The expense gets saved into the database and the window gets ready for a another entry. After you are done with all the updating, click the ‘Ok’ button to exit the Add window.
4. Clicking on the ‘Statistics‘ button will pop up a window, showing the expenses, category wise for that month.
5. Clicking on the ‘Edit‘ button, pops up another window, showing all the expenses for that month. If you want to delete a particular entry, just tick the checkbox of those entries, and click the delete button. When you are done, press OK.
You can clone it from my github repository, https://github.com/desouradeep/Expense-Manager and as root, type,
python setup.py install
I wish to add a lot of more features in the upcoming versions…:)
Hope you like this one 🙂